Wednesday 13 April 2011

Recommendations

Now that all of the files are complete i have had plenty of time to think about what i would have done differently and what things i would add or alter to make the trailer look better.

  • The first is i would use the lighting and shadow effects more in my car scenes, giving the cars shadows as they move. This would add a lot more realism but bump up the render time considerably.
  • Secondly i would spend more time on the biped feature and make the person move properly. I would also stick to my orginal plan and have another person running off in the distance in my oddjob scene.
  • I would also add a little more detail to my laser scene, for example adding a door so that it feels more like a room opposed to a box. I would also like to add a window with curtains so that i could use the reactor tool.
  • Sound effects would also give a good impression to the trailer. if more time was given i would add a car screeching sound effect in my car scene. A sound effect for when oddjob throws his hat would also be good and a laser sound for the laser scene.
  • I would also like to use a few more materials and use the material editor more to try and find the exact effects i am looking for. There are so many things to edit in the material editor and i would have liked to experimented a little more.
  • Finally i would probably scrap my oddjob scene and start again from scratch, re-modelling the person, the hat and then re-animating the scene. Modelling a person started out simple but i would liked to have gone in a lot more detail, such as fingers, proper face structure etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment